Sunday 24 February 2013

Filling your cookie jar - Oatmeal cookies

I'm always trying to find some good cookie recipes. I found one that looked very promising with very tempting name - The Best Oatmeal Cookies. Description was promising "Chewy oatmeal raisin cookies with lots of flavor." And actually they turned out pretty good and kids love them. So definitely I'm going to do these again.

I made 49 medium cookies from the batch, enough to fill my cookie jar and satisfy children for couple of days. The dough will be stiff and sticky, so if you will find that it is a bit runny, add some more flour or oats. I'm using normal quick oats.

So here is the recipe:


3 eggs, beaten
1 cup raisins
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 cups rolled oats
3/4 cup chopped pecans

For detailed directions just go to the original at:

The Best Oatmeal Cookies
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/The-Best-Oatmeal-Cookies/Detail.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment